I highly recommend Chrystal Ladouceur of Chrystal Massage. She knows just how to get into muscles I didn’t even know I had! She balances technique with individual coaching and has given me hope for a much more active lifestyle.
It’s been a long time! Who knew when you signed up for these periodic emails with me, what you were actually signing up for where the extremely rare notes I’d send out, if and when I felt I had something of value to share with you? I think the last email I sent you, was in March! While I’ve been doing a lot of valuable things, I haven’t felt it the time to share until now.
I’m planning for a fair bit of growth over the next little while – a lot of it may be of interest to you as much of the growth is based on things some of you have suggested or asked about. I’m soon to add the following services to my practice:
I will be offering one-on-one personal training right here in our clinic gym. I’m designing an Introduction to Functional Fitness personal training package that offers methodology and instruction of basic foundational functional movements – the movements you need to get right, in order to move onto the bigger stuff, or just to help prevent personal injury in day to day life. Each session will last 45 minutes and will include a generalized warm up, skill instructions and then a measured workout.
The functional movements we’ll start with are:
- Air squats: front squats, back squats and overhead squats – this is the functional movement that ensures you can get back up, every time you sit down. Squatting should be as important to you as being able to get yourself up off the toilet without any help is!
- Deadlift: regular, Romanian (straight-legged), sumo & snatch grip – to deadlift is to use the proper lifting mechanics any time you bend down to pick something up.
- Shoulder Press: dumbbell, barbell, and handstands – this functional movement is necessary for lifting objects above our heads. How many storage shelves in your home are higher than you?
- Pulls: Bar hang, pull-ups, ring rows, high pulls – necessary for any time you need to pull something to you. Ever struggled with a very big, very excited dog on a leash?
- Bodyweight: sit-ups, crunches, push-ups & jumps – technically these movements are not one in of the same, but having foundational mechanical knowledge of each can only increase your proficiency in all of the other movements.
We can then move onto more advanced dynamic movements like:
- Push-press, push-jerk & split jerk: barbell, kettle bell & dumbbell
- Clean (squat, power, muscle): barbell, kettle bell, dumbbell, medicine ball
- barbell, kettle bell & dumbbell
- Clean & Jerk: barbell, kettle bell & dumbbell
And/or of course, individualized personal training sessions can be designed to meet your specific needs.
**Personal training will be billed at $75 per session, billed & booked in advance. However, I will offer the1st 5 people who sign up for the 1st 5 sessions, a discounted rate of $250 with the understanding that I’m using my work with you to help design this package. If you are interested in personal training with me, please let me know and we can set it up!
I am currently in the process of earning my Working Against Gravity (WAG) Nutrition Coaching certification. I’ll look be offering nutrition coaching. I believe all wellness starts with how we fuel our body and that good nutrition isn’t nearly as difficult, complicated or as expensive as most of us believe. I want to help coach people on making the right decisions for their bodies. I do not have an exact certification date in view yet, as I’m taking my time to get the most I can out of this program, but I expect to be taking on clients of my own for nutrition coaching, within the next 2 months.
**Nutrition coaching pricing has not yet been determined. But please do let me know if you’re interested in this service so that I can be sure to let you know when I’m ready to offer it!
I think that’s about it for now. I’m sure you’ll hear from me sooner than later next time as there are still a lot of exciting things in the work that I’ve yet to share.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon!
Wishing you only good health,